All Department meetings are on Saturdays and start with a Growl of the Pack at1100, Lunch to follow at 1200 business meeting after lunch. The current edition of Roberts Rule of Order Newly Revised shall goven all meetings.
1. The first Department meeting is Saturday September 16, 2023. Hosted by the Greater Lincoln Detachment #976. Meeting is at the American Leagon on 3 Fleming Street Lincoln, Maine 04457. Growl of the Pack at 1100, Lunch 1200, Department meeting at 1300.
2. The Second Department meeting is Saturday December 9, 2023 Hosted by the Kennebec Valley Detachment #599. Meeting is at the American Legion post 4 on 46 Griffin Street Gardiner, Maine 04345. Growl of the Pack at 1100, Lunch 1200, Department meeting at 1300.
3. The third Department meeting is Saturday February 17, 2024.Hosted by the Greater Bangor Detachment #1151. Meeting is at the Maine Veterns Home 44 Hogan Road Bangor, Maine 04401 Growl of the Pack 1100, Lunch at 1200, Meeting at 1300.
4. The fourth Department meeting is Saturday April 6, 2024. Hosted by the Central Maine Detachment #810. Meeting is at the American Legion Post, 426 Washington Street N, Auburn, Maine 04210. Growl of the Pack 1100, Luncch 1200, Meeting at 1300.
GROWL OF THE POUND
Those Dogs who are going for Pup and you Pup going for advancement to DD need to have your paper work in 30 days in advance.
MOOSE POUND 255
Growl will be held at the Brewer Housing Authority 15 Colonial Circle Brewer, Maine. Growl will be at 11:00 am.
Bring a dish to share and dog food to donate.
1. September 24, 2022
2. October 15, 2022 at the Houlton Elks Lodge 86 Main Street Houlton, Me. Growl at 11:00am.
3. January 14, 2023 at the VFW HALL outer Hammond Street Bangor, Me .Growl at 11:00.
4. May 27, 2023 In Brewer
LOBSTER POUND 119
All Growls will be held on Sunday at the VFW post 6859, 687 Forest Ave, Portland, Maine. Growl will be at 1100.
1. September 11, 2022
2. November 13, 2022
3. January 8, 2023
4. April 23, 2023
DEVIL DOG'S CREED
I am an American, I was born in France. I have held the title of United States Marine, and understand the commitment of holding the title, Devil Dog. It is a tradition born at Belleau Wood in the year 1918, of a force in readiness and the "First to Fight". As a Devil Dog, I ask no quarter and give no quarter. I will do everything in my power to uphold the objectives of the Military Order of Devil Dogs and to carry out my duties to a swift and satisfactory completion.